[SML] Cutting music for Choreographers

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:27:36 UTC 2015

On 3/20/15 1:11 AM, Ray Gibson via Stagecraft wrote:
> I had to share...
>
> I was just given eight YouTube links to cut together for a dance piece.
> The first one I opened was a cell phone video of a live performance.
> Many of the rest have iTunes and/or Amazon equivalents that I can
> download but.... Sometimes I miss the days where the only way they could
> get music was on CD.
>
> Maybe some day I'll say no..

Maybe you can use this as a teaching moment for the performance.  Point
out to the choreographers the difference in sound quality between the
youtube video and the iTunes/Amazon sources.

We are flexible in our performance venues, but we rigidly enforce audio
standards when it comes to the football stadium.  We've found that the
larger size of the PA there really brings out the crap in poor quality
sources.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall