[SML] Spike tape

Daniel Ayers dayers at ucmo.edu
Sat Mar 21 18:09:15 UTC 2015

What is the temperature of your floor?

Use a heat gun for heat shrink, the heat will release the adhesive and it
should come up without damage to your floor. This works until the adhesive
solidifies into the white crusty stuff. This technique may leave a gooey
sticky residue behind which can easily be wiped clean with a terry-rag
soaked in goof-off (follow instructions on the bottle, don't apply heat
from the heat gun to the chemical. Goo-Gone also works but is a little
slower.

Should work for all brands of tape until they reach that crusty dried out
state.

Dan Ayers

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Glenn Hoit via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble with the removal of our spike tape - causing wood to
> come up with the tape.  We are in the process of putting more coats of
> polyurethane on the stage floor to build up the layers of protection but I
> wondered if anyone on the list had a preferred brand of spike tape that
> they have found would minimize the damage upon removal.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Glenn
> Air Academy High School

*Dan Ayers*, ETCP-CEE
Event Technology Manager, University of Central Missouri
Direct: (660) 543-4516 Mobile: (660) 580-0394 Office: (660) 543-4342