[SML] Certification for Shop Tools

Wayne Rasmussen rasmuw at blair.edu
Wed Mar 25 01:48:38 UTC 2015

My school is piloting a makerspace this spring.  The issue of
certification to use certain tools (12" compound miter and a drill press)
have arisen.  Is there a body that grants this type of certification?  The
tools will only be used by faculty.  If students use them it will be in
faculty presence.  The problem is that most of our faculty don't have any
experience with construction and tools.

Are there any other high school teachers on the list with similar
programs?  How have you handled these issues?

Wayne Rasmussen
Blair Academy