[SML] Copies of invoices policy question...

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Tue Mar 31 14:21:30 UTC 2015

Ianal.  Generally if someone else from the same company requests a copy, especially someone from accounting, then I'd just forward a copy.  The first person misplaced the invoice, and gave the packing list (without any billing info) to their admin person to pay.   Or the second person needs something quick to use for working up a cost estimate for another order. There are any number of reasonable scenarios.  And any privacy concerns can reasonably be extended to the entire company on the original order.

   If the person asking for the invoice is not working for the same company as the first, then this would raise a flag for me.   Reasonable privacy on the original transaction says not to share outside of the original parties without some kind of informed consent.   My first thought is some kind of underbidding scenario by a competitor.

   Of course all privacy rights go out the window if the past due invoice is sold to a collection agency, or there is some kind of legal proceeding involved.

Dale

Today’s question stems from the following:  Photo Stylist Brenda Starr rented [and gave her cc] pipe, base, and drape.  Later in the day, after the return, Lois Lane of Daily Planet Productions, calls asking for copy of invoice for Brenda Starr’s order.

Do I automatically send it? Do I resend invoice to Brenda informing her of the share request and leave it to her?

Barney Simon
President
Joseph C. Hansen Co., Inc.
629 Grove Street Lot # 26