[SML] Headset/headphone storage?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed May 6 22:57:19 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 3:49 PM, Richard John Archer via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> With proper little "box" they plugged into the Clearcom wired system.   Not bad headsets for the reasonable price (given "normal" headset cost)
> Anybody have these and how do they do over a longer haul?   Might consider getting some for the theatre.

That's what we've got in those lil white cubbies.  Only been using
them about 2 weeks, but so far they're quite popular.  The headset is
light enough they're not crushing anyone's head, and much less likely
to fall off their head (due to weight) - and pulling their beltpack
off to the floor, as well.  As for the beltpack, they're
feather-light, and that too has been great, as they too are much less
likely to succumb to gravity.  Batteries have been lasting - the
longest stint we've had has only been about 8 hours, though.  (They're
advertised at 10 hours.)

Cons: the base stations feel 'cheap.' Like empty plastic boxes.  The
wired-to-wireless interface has volume buttons for wired-to-wireless,
and wireless-to-wired volume levels, but they don't label the buttons,
as to who they control.  (Really? No labels?) And mine is going back
to be checked by tech support - mine seem reversed.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com