[SML] mini spot welder

Stuart Wheaton sdwheaton at fuse.net
Wed May 13 10:55:45 UTC 2015

On 5/12/2015 8:47 PM, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft wrote:
> For a customer's project I've ordered a mini spot welder but it won't be
> here for a while.  Aside from welding battery packs which is what it was
> originally designed for, I was wondering how useful it would be for thin
> sheet metal.  The current is programmable up to 800 amps.
>
> Anyone a spot welder expert?
>
> Anyone need batteries welded?

You know, you can make your own if you have a dead microwave in your
scrap pile.

http://www.home-workshop.com/MOTWelder.htm

For a battery welder, just make the contact points either side by side
or use tabbed batteries so that the welding current does not flow
through the battery as it passes between the contact points.

Stuart