[SML] Lift for Trap Room

Thomas (Tom) Marhenke tmarhenk at hamilton.edu
Wed May 13 14:24:33 UTC 2015

Hey All,

I am researching a lift for our trap room.  Height is about 14', just a bit
under, and the department wants something in the range of an 8' x 8' or 8'
x 12'.  I have talked to Serapid, Gala Spiralift, Wil-Burt Ribbon Lift,
SRI, Secoa, at USITT and into ascissor lift.  I was planning on the lift
weight capacity at around 1000 to 1200 pounds.  I have been submitting my
platform to match the stage floor which is 150# per square foot.  I think
the concern from Physical Plant is concerned about a Genie Lift falling
through.  Thoughts from the gallery on this project?  At our largest trap
size the lift would need to raise 14,400#.

Thanks,

Tom

--
Tom Marhenke