[SML] Turntable Adventures, Part II

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 20:24:04 UTC 2015

 Rob Graham said;
>Getting the roller chain  that drives the beastie to stay
> where it should. I falls under its own  weight

I am not certain of your design, but presume that the chain is sitting sideways (as opposed to the orientation on a bicycle).  For the side-ways orientation, you can use a chain guide to keep it straight. I don't have any experience using this type of guide. But, for reference, here is a link to one brand, and I am sure there are many.  For your usage, you might even make due with something that serves the purpose, since the chain will have very little usage compared to industrial applications.

http://www.fennerdrives.com/trackstar/

Joe Dunfee