[SML] IP camera

Ray Gibson booray at gmail.com
Fri May 15 14:15:10 UTC 2015

On May 14, 2015 6:20 PM, "Jerry Durand via Stagecraft" <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> "plug it in, software will find it".

That often means their DVR will find it.  But, then again, the quality
control on most of the cheapie ones is particularly bad. I've had a batch
come in where most were DHCP but a few still had Dahua default IP addresses.

The easiest way to find it in my opinion is to fire up Wireshark and then
plug the camera directly into your Ethernet port. You'll generally see it
talk right away and can identify its IP from there.

Worst case scenario you might be able to set it directly with ARP, but it
might have trouble talking back to you..

Ray