[SML] FCC/Wireless Mics/600 mHz Band

Rob Graham photonguide at gmail.com
Wed May 20 03:24:42 UTC 2015

So our department is looking into new microphones - one of the systems
that is of interest to us is the Shure BLX system - a chunk of which
exists in the 600 mHz band.  I thought there was an impending auction
(early '16?) of those frequencies?

Could someone perhaps explain what's really going to happen to that
band vis-a-vis wireless mics for theatre?

And perhaps any wisdom for mics.  We are looking at possibly about
$4,000 to spend, and would like to get maximum numbers while getting
at least decent quality.  Sure, I'd love high-end, but I need to
significantly boost my numbers.  I'd like to get as many mics as I can
while not buying junk.

Right now we have 8-ish Sennheiser G3's of varying condition.

Thanks,

Rob Graham
photonguide at gmail.com