[SML] Automated linesets

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:01:41 UTC 2015

I think Dave Vick is correct.  If you want it all and want to overcome
the deficiencies Dave mentions with what is available today, you go
with Stage Tech machinery and the Fisher Navigator controls, all now
from Tait Towers.  (And as soon as some becomes good at operating,
there is a much better paying job in Vegas or at some Cirque show. The
Catch 22)

I'm expecting that like LED lighting, the motorized rigging industry
will develop rapidly in the next 10 years - or at least at much
greater pace than it has in the past 50 and orders of magnitude
further.

Regardless, I still like ropes and pulleys and manual power for most
things.  (Do kind of believe that in houses with fixed electrics and
orchestra shells, motors should be required, for safety especially on
electrics.)

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC