[SML] OT: Promoting theatre

Stuart Wheaton sdwheaton at fuse.net
Fri May 29 19:36:50 UTC 2015

On 5/29/2015 6:04 AM, Bruce Purdy via Stagecraft wrote:
> 	Taking off my “Tech” hat for a moment, does anyone here know of any podcasts, on-line forums or other idea exchanges for promoting theatre productions, producing ticket sales and "putting bums in seats?”

Thane Maynard, who runs the Cincinnati Zoo has a public radio spot
called the 90 second naturalist, it runs a few times a day on the NPR
station.  At my old theatre, we talked about figuring out how to make
some little bits of 2 minute theatre that could be done like that.   It
would put your name out there, if it was super creative it might bring
people in.

Stuart