[SML] Aggregate hours for majors?

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 13:44:40 UTC 2015

On 11/8/15 6:02 PM, John McAfee via Stagecraft wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m sitting in my office on the Sunday of load-in with no majors here
> (no students at all, actually) for the second day and so we’re
> looking at requiring all theater majors to do something like 400
> hours over the course of their undergraduate career.  I am leery
> about this because I think it will mean that I have a lot of
> grasshoppers in the shop their senior year trying to complete 350
> hours in a semester.  I’m sure other people have done this, what was
> the success rate?  What was the hour requirement?

At my last university, majors were required to do 4-6 credits of
practicum.  Credits varied by major (some majors had higher core course
loads than others -- they got a break on practicum).  Within each
semester, the practicum students were divided among the various crews
for each production (3 productions per semester.)  I don't remember
specific hour requirements for the class, sorry.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall