[SML] Trucking Scenery, Props, & Costumes

Lyric Opera Kansas City lyricoperakansascity at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 20:47:03 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

Recently, I have found myself with the new responsibility of managing
all of our trucking needs.  I have waded through countless hours
talking through our needs with truck brokers being assured that they
can provide a minimum 4 hours retention at each end of the transfer to
load and unload, asking them to provide a minimum number of logistical
straps and logistical posts, talking about the need to be on time
because we work with set IASTE crew calls (I know things can change
for traffic, weather, and acts of God), and many other things.
Companies that have promised me the things I need have more than
frequently left us dangling in the wind to make do with what we get.

I originally was given this task because our trucking numbers were
getting quite steep.  That being said, the company we worked with most
was pretty good. After speak with truck brokers and eliminated
companies I didn't think would fit our needs I found solutions that
cost less than half of what we were previously paying for trucking.
Those solutions have not been working out so wel though.  Now I know
people may be quick to offer the old adage of "you get what you pay
for," but I want to know if anyone has suggestions for trucking
companies they have had success with.

Thanks,

Nate Wheatley