[SML] [spam] CNC router

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Wed Nov 18 05:45:54 UTC 2015

On 11/17/2015 7:24 PM, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft wrote:
> Anyone know of a decent kit/assembled CNC router somewhere in the 7 x 12
> inch range?  Preferably with a way to mount an item on edge, like
> routing on the edge of a 2x4.
>
> Note that I extremely dislike things that use parallel port interfaces,
> I don't want to have to go buy a second hand DOS computer on eBay to run
> the thing.

Jerry,

For that small of a work area have you considered getting an 'old iron'
CNC vertical milling machine? They are readily available on the used
market although probably a bit more $$$ than you budgeted.

We do lots of wood routing operations on our Hurco MillZilla, and when
we want to do plastic, aluminum or steel it is also up to those tasks -
where a router would dare not go.

You can drip feed G-Code to it over a serial port from a CAD/CAM system
on your PC or most of these have some sort of 'program at the machine'
interface that works nicely.

Carla

Shouldn't there be more to a circus than the clowns?