[SML] turning off light boards

Phil Haney leadflyman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 00:38:03 UTC 2015

"And their backup computer was an HP handheld calculator, HP 67 if I recall
correctly."

>From the Wikipedia article on the Apollo Guidance Computer:

"The first advanced desktop calculators hit the market in roughly the same
time frame, with scientific and then programmable pocket calculators
appearing during the following decade. The first programmable handheld
calculator <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_calculator>, the
HP-65 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP-65>, was tried on backup
computations aboard the Apollo Command/Service Module in the Apollo-Soyuz
Test Project <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo-Soyuz_Test_Project> in
1975."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer

You were close. Good memory!

-Phil

"Quini, quidi, quici" - I came, I saw, I played a little quidditch.