[SML] Scrollers

Wayne Rasmussen rasmuw at blair.edu
Mon Oct 5 19:20:22 UTC 2015

Over the last few years, I purchased 24 CXI from various rental houses and
Ebay, never for more than $400 each and often less, depending upon the
condition of the scrolls.  We bought some from ALPS and I bet they have
more.  They seem to have dried up on Ebay.  At my school, we've found them
useful, especially given the cost of acquisition.  They will be compatible
with your power supplies.  In addition, GSI still services them with new
motors, belts, scrolls, etc.  Their website says they support all Wybron
color changers.

http://www.gelstrings.com/stage-lighting-service-and-repair.html

>I love CXIs, but they're not made any more.  The problem with our
Colorams is that they're a dead item from a dead company.  Ditto with the
CXIs.

I have the feeling the price difference between LED and CXIs/scrollers is
enough to justify staying with the scroller option.  New Apollo scrollers
are approximately $750.  The S4 Lustr2s that I want are $2500.
Traditionally our scrollers have been for S4s, S4 Pars, and PAR64s, so I'd
need something that could work for all of those. And lots of them.  We
have 32 scrollers [and 16 Nexeras that I'm trying to retire], so we're
looking at upwards of 50 fixtures.<

Wayne Rasmussen
Blair Academy