[SML] OT: Non-Standard Wiring Revisited

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 21:52:26 UTC 2015

So I just checked into our hotel in Reno (Harrah's, if you must
know)...  Got up to the room and began my hotel room load-in, getting
steeled in before this afernoon's pre-rig. Unpack my toiletries and
head for the bathroom to arrange the shaving implements & shower
accoutrements, and I note the lights are not working. So I call the
desk to report same to Engineering...

Three minutes later I get a call from Housekeeping: "You light no work?"

That's correct...

"Poosh reset button."

Say what?

"Reset button on wall ploog-in. Poosh it."

Ummmmmmm. . . . . .

The LX panel appears to be a standard quad-box fixture with a SPST
switch on one side and a GFCI-protected duplex outlet on the other
side; standard fare, and in my experience (like in my bathroom at
home) the two sides are wired independently. But lo; the GFCI breaker
appears to have been tripped. So I "poosh" the reset button... Et
Voila! Now the lights work.

This has *GOT* to be a Code violation of some sort...
--
Dave Vick
Flyman/Rigger, "Annie" On Tour 2015-16