[SML] OT: Non-Standard Wiring Revisited

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:59:04 UTC 2015

> "Plugging a defective appliance into the gfci kills the lights. That's not
> a hazard? Really?"

Apparently the people that write The National Electric Code  don't think
loosing the lights in a bathroom rises to a hazard level that justifies a
code change, of which they make hundreds if not thousands every three
years.  Since I rewired my house, I've never tripped the GFCI other than
for periodic testing but the incandescent lamp has blown several times and
left me in the dark. I've never felt at risk.  So, respectfully, I really
don't think loosing the light in a bathroom is a serious hazard.