[SML] Outside entities managing campus building and dB limits

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Oct 14 21:06:05 UTC 2015

>> What do people generally put in as limits?
>

> 95dB A-weighted, at my college gig.

	At my previous venue, I instituted a 100dB-A limit. The biggest problem for rock concerts was that (with our excellent acoustics,) that limit was often met from the monitor mix alone before adding in the house sound! No one including their sound engineer was willing to tell the band that they couldn’t have their monitors (or on-stage instrument amps) as loud as they wanted.

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy
Central New York Magic Theatre Co.