[SML] Wage question

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Wed Oct 21 16:30:09 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,
                I'm a Technical Director for Harford Community College in Bel Air, MD. My coworker and I have finally convinced our HR dept. we need some help. (It only took 6 years) Eleven years ago we started out with 65 events per calendar year to 165 events per year presently in three locations sometimes at the same time.
                Here is where you folks come in. I've been tasked with providing research information to prove how much we should pay a part time Assistant Technical Director. If you are willing and able to let me know what the ATD makes at your institution or at an institution near you and include a bit about the job duties and facility for comparison, I would greatly appreciate it. We are primarily looking at educational institutions but, it would nice to have info on non-educational facilities as well.
Yes, it was given to us to research by HR since they "are swamped". I don't mind doing the research, it gives me a chance to learn more about what's happening out there in the rest of the world.
                I know pay rates and such can be a touchy subject, we respect that and will keep everything confidential. Feel free to reply in private!
Thanks everyone,

Jeffrey Kanyuck
Technical Director
Harford Community College