[SML] eBay crazy of the week

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Wed Oct 21 16:45:27 UTC 2015

I know there are a lot of people out there on the edge, but sometimes
it's still a surprise when you trip over one.

The Case of the Morning Greetings

Imagine, if you will, an innocent eBay buyer with a very stellar name
ordering an item from an eBay store.  He waits and waits, then receives
a message that the item was canceled by the seller.

Checking the item listing, it's been removed by the seller.

Hmmmph.

Buyer leaves negative feedback stating the item was not received, order
canceled by seller.

This, my friends, should be the end of the tail.  But as with many
tails, the tip is longer than expected.

Next arrives a string of increasingly obscene threats from the store
owner that since this stellar buyer also happens to have a store he'll
have friends order things only to return them and leave negative feedback.

Messages reported to eBay which takes a dim view of threats and attacks
on other members.  They described the language as "lovely", especially
the all caps one.

So, lets hope this particular store owner renews his meds, or takes a
trip to a tropical island, finds a girlfriend, or something.

The end.

or is it?

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886