[SML] [theatre-sound-list] Q LAB Video Question

Andy Lang andy at soundguyandy.com
Wed Oct 28 16:40:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:32 PM Rob Graham via Stagecraft
stagecraft at theatrical.net <http://mailto:stagecraft@theatrical.net> wrote:

Chalk this up to "reason number eleventy-billion" working with
> significant lack of sleep is a bad idea.  One does not think clearly
> when one has a panicky human in front of them, also suffering from
> significant sleep deprivation.
>
> I stand before you humbled and feeling....tired and dumb.

No worries, Rob, and no need to apologize, it’s all good. We’re happy to
help whenever and wherever we can. It just so happens that if you’d emailed
us directly first, we’d have replied much sooner, since we would have seen
it much sooner :-D

For those playing along at home, most if not all of the problems are likely
stemming from disconnecting the projector and/or putting it in standby
while QLab is running. QLab can only properly detect and configure audio
and video devices when it first launches, so changing them out from
underneath it while it’s running can cause a wide range of problems. It’s
super important to quit QLab before making any changes to any connected
devices. The same goes for putting a computer to sleep or closing the lid
on a laptop, as that effectively disconnects every connected device.

-Andy

—
Andy Lang
@SoundGuyAndy <http://twitter.com/SoundGuyAndy>