[SML] Mac700 wackiness

tech dept tech.dept at inbox.com
Fri Oct 30 18:55:36 UTC 2015

I've seen on other Mac fixtures, where the 'lamp-on' photo sensor, its orientation, or the associated connections have failed.
My thinking on this is:
turn on lamp
phase correction inductor held off
arc fail protection (ready)
hold off lamp/arc fail protection
initiate ignition
ignition
continue to hold off protection while arc stabilizes
monitor current
once current and arc are happy
turn on phase correction inductor (across mains)
activate arc fail protection circuit (including sensor)
Use fixture

so now if the sensor has failed  or connections are bad (photo sensor lead breakage, cold solder, oxidation on connector, broken wire in harness, sensor pointed away from arc, et al....) the fixture will protect then restrike or just fail)

good luck