[SML] Masonite Stage Floor Issue

Duncan Mahoney dmahoney at usc.edu
Tue Sep 1 21:57:07 UTC 2015

Nancy Christian asks:

"Rest of the listers, would love to know which product you use or prefer."

I like MDF.  1/2" or more thick preferred but thinner will work

 The 5/8" thick MDF stage floor surface in our proscenium theater is over a decade old and still holding up well.  The 1/4" MDF surface in one of the black box theaters is about 4 years old now and except for a few bubbles after the first couple coats of paint it is performing well

Duncan Mahoney
Director of Technical Direction
Associate Professor of Theatre Practice
University of Southern California School of Dramatic Arts