[SML] Learning lighting boards

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 2 22:41:01 UTC 2015

Reading the manual s a good starting point. This will give you an
overview of the board's capabilities. Then, when you want to do
something specific, study the manual in detail. You will probably find
examples of how to activate the various functions.

All this assumes that the manual exists in a properly indexed form on
paper. If not, pray that there is an accessible form that you can
access with your computer, and print out the relevant information.

On 1 September 2015 at 00:09, Steven Santos via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I want to learn how to program and operate a lighting board. I spent part of
> the day today looking for a college class on the subject anywhere near me,
> and struck out.  It was either stagecraft 101 (for the three to five classes
> on lighting boards), or one school offered a lighting design class that
> requires you to already know basics of programming the board they use.
>
> I have more or less unlimited access to lighting boards and lights.
>
> I need to learn how to program and run cues, and I need to learn about
> operating moving lights from a board.
>
> If I can't find a class, any recommendations for books/video on this?
> ---
> Steven Santos
> Director
> Simply Circus, Inc.