[SML] Jigsaw recommendations... methods as well....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu Sep 3 15:35:01 UTC 2015

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Dave Vick via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> McMaster or Helmhold should have those blades... Or Fastenal?
>
> Got a model number for that saw? My tool-junkie curiosity is piqued...

Thanks folks for your suggestions, experiences, insight, et al...  DV, for
your piqued curiosity, the model appears to be a 4301BV... and I've
attached a pic of the U-shank (with index hole) blades it seems to need. I
say "seems to need," because if I use a u-shank without the hole, they
won't stay in.  Every now and then, at liquidation places like City
Liquidators or Big Lots! I might see a package of these type of blades, and
I grab 'em.

Post-script: after I took these pics, I tried putting the smaller blade
back into the Makita... and I guess I didn't have the index pin/allen set
screw  quite perfectly in the hole, and as I tightened it down, the blade
shattered.  Glad it did it when I was putting the blade in....

[image: Inline image 2][image: Inline image 3]

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com