[SML] programming boards

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 15:53:08 UTC 2015

That is fine for rheostat-type dimmers found on 'piano' boards; the handle
operating techniques may be different for Saltwater Dimmers. Female
operators often reluctant to top off the tanks with their pee in case of
emergency. <g>
/s/ Richard

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 5:36 AM, Patrick McCreary via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Some of us remember what you're talking about, Michael. Brought back some
> fond and not-so-fond memories.
>
> Patrick
>
> On 9/3/2015 1:29 AM, My Gmail via Stagecraft wrote:
>
>> Steven Santos wrote:
>> <<I want to learn how to program and operate a lighting board. >>.
>>
>> No prob!  Twist the handles right. (Clockwise) (IIRC) to lock to the
>> master shaft and left to release.  If you need to move 3 (or 4) adjacent
>> dimmers at once, cut a piece of 1x2 about 10" (or 15") long.  Pine is fine
>> but oak or birch with finger ridges sanded in are great for long term use.
>>   Practice moving the master lever with your knee up or down while moving
>> other dimmers with both or either hands.
>>
>>    Oh! Don't forget to practice plugging and pulling paddles and half
>> paddles to re-patch as you go!
>>
>> Learn to wear shorts and light weight tee shirts or no shirts, if there
>> are a lot of night scenes or low level cues as it will get really hot in
>> the booth/board room, especially in the summer!  Oh, BTW  Don't bother
>> trying to get the female board ops to match the guys topless attire, it's a
>> no win effort.
>>
>> There, a free lesson on board operation.   Hope this helps.
>>
>> Michael Powers
>> ETCP Certified Rigger #820 (Re'td)
>> 515-557-0178 cell

/s/ Richard