[SML] Fake plants

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 12:21:22 UTC 2015

On 9/3/15 7:09 PM, Bruce Purdy via Stagecraft wrote:

> Steve, I don’t know how big your stage or auditorium are, but ….

36' wide x 19' high.  For events of this sort we close the mid-stage
traveler and run about 20' deep.

> I tried the same approach at the Smith, but found a couple of trees
> that size were so tiny on the stage they disappeared. I eventually
> added three or four 6’ trees and put them on blocks of varying
> heights up to two feet. (Then had to dress the bottoms to hide the
> blocks and the baskets the trees were in.)

Thanks, this is good input.

I've had clients rent plants before, and the University provides
greenery for graduations in here, so I've got a decent sense of what
would look big enough.  I've had several recommendations to just rent
real plants, but I'm looking to have something always on hand for that
client who asks for it 10 minutes before the doors open.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall