[SML] The future of luminaires

Bryan Manternach smashwolf at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 22:54:12 UTC 2015

If you want to see an example of visual projection for lighting, go see
Cirque Du Soleil's "KA" show in Las Vegas.

-Bryan

--
-Bryan "Smash" Manternach - President, Smashwolf Productions
smash at smashwolf.com - 408-363-TECH - www.smashwolf.com

On 9/4/15 3:48 PM, Don Taco via Stagecraft wrote:

> Firmly in the hands of people with skills and imagination.
>

>> I most devoutly hope and pray that you are wrong. If you are right,
>> where does that leave the art and craft of the LD?
>>
>> On 4 September 2015 at 20:52, Kim Hartshorn via Stagecraft
>> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>>> I believe that within 10 years the stage luminaire of choice will be
>>> a video
>>> projector...it already seems to be the case for opening
>>> ceremonies.   In
>>> addition to images, projectors can do patterns, infinite color,
>>> customizeable cuts and edges, zooms and fades, do not really need to be
>>> focused at the truss...can move with the performer either
>>> mechanically or
>>> through a moving image and the images themselves can be mapped.  The
>>> prices
>>> for video projector technology has been dropping exponentially.  I