[SML] media servers: was Re: Future of Luminaires

Kim Hartshorn hartshwk at plattsburgh.edu
Mon Sep 7 19:35:08 UTC 2015

The projector technology is pretty much already there...except for maybe a
really opaque black (not using a mechanical shutter).  But in my original
post I was not envisioning a bank of 10 $100K projectors but more like 100
$1000 projectors.  The technology that would need to become more managable
is on the server end.  It is already possible to download shareware that
will allow 10 or so independent video feeds from a single machine.  But
that single machine with 10 video cards is not yet available at Best Buy.