[SML] Pics of old lighting tech....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Sep 9 14:46:58 UTC 2015

Whenever these types of queries come up, I always archive the emails
about old theatrical technology pictures, but my searches through my
archives aren't really bringing up what I'm looking for....  Many
times, over the (decades) of the SML, folks have shared links to
pictures of old dimmers, piano boards, complicated manual systems,
etc... and I'd love to find some links like that again, for class use.
Anyone have some links within easy reach?  I've got links/pics of
abandoned theatres, the AFL-CIO newsreel of the stagehands at a
load-in, but I'd love to re-find some of those pages with pictures of
hemp systems, early electrics, etc....

Anyone know of any pics of the earliest of lighting, like gaslights
with the color-changing technology? Or even any diagrams of the
lowering chandeliers of yesteryear?

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com