[SML] Raked staging

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 10 19:56:45 UTC 2015

So your non-AEA actors were either pro skiiers or had lots of insurance?

Chip 1
On 9/10/2015 12:10 PM, Richard John Archer via Stagecraft wrote:

Reasonable indication of  the steepest I've ever built in my 45 or so years of doing this stuff.   Full stage raked platform during construction.  Non AEA actors.  Available for full rehearsal period.
1981.  Photos thanks to Greg Tune.

Just MFA's and undergrads back then........Jimmy Smits among them during this year.  Hills around  campus here are steeper than this so students have lots of practice walking on slopes (or perhaps rolling down them when inebriated).  Also   "traying"   is a sometimes winter activity here. (illegally using dining hall trays as sleds)

DickA
TD, Cornell U