[SML] Giving Notice....

Dave Tosti-Lane davetostilane at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:58:20 UTC 2015

I agree with Steven - less than a semester puts a lot of pressure on the
Chair and the department, although sometimes life events or working
conditions leave you little choice and then you (and they) roll with it.
It also matters at what point in the year you make the announcement - and
whether or not it will come as a complete surprise. Trying to avoid
announcing in the crazy time at the start or end of a term is probably a
kindness.
On the other hand, don't stretch it out if it's become an unworkable
situation for you.

Dave Tosti-Lane