[SML] Macbook hdcp question

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 18:50:22 UTC 2015

On 9/23/15 1:24 PM, Steven Hood via Stagecraft wrote:
> New MacBook Pro. Running hdmi through Kramer switcher. We're running the
> hdmi from the switcher to the projector via cat6 (works fine). Using VGA
> from switcher to feed confidence monitor. This all worked beautifully
> from the Dell we used before. Tried using a Mac, and the VGA didn't get
> signal. My hunch says HDCP is to blame, but I didn't see a way to
> disable that...

HDMI is working fine from the Mac?  I doubt it's HDCP, then.  VGA, being
the last bastion of analog signal, doesn't carry the HDCP signal, I
believe.  If VGA wasn't a problem with the Dell, it shouldn't be with
the Mac.

Silly question, but can't you just go back to the Dell?  It worked, why
change anything?

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall