[SML] exterior / architectural / signage Strobe

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Fri Sep 25 04:06:47 UTC 2015

> by MEDIUM I mean not in the MARTIN ATOMIC range . .   but not whimsy like some
> party strobe you’d buy at Walmart this Halloween . .
>
> by “point source”  i mean a strobe lamp in a housing without a reflector
> behind it . .
>
> does not need dmx control if there’s an adjustment for rate .
>
> yes . . permanent outdoor install

Hm, that is a bit of a problem. Most decent intensity strobes have a
reflector, especially those in a housing.

A possibility might be something like the strobes that are sometimes used on
cell phone towers, but those probably do not have an adjustable rate. And the
"lens" is likely not smooth or colorless.

You might check the Amateur Radio suppliers. Strobes are available for
mounting on Amateur's radio towers - they are white light and the rate might
be adjustable. They certainly are weatherproof.

You might contact either or both of these companies:

http://towerbeacon.com/
http://www.signaworks.com/products/tower-lights/

Bill