[SML] exterior / architectural / signage Strobe

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Tue Sep 29 19:49:58 UTC 2015

We asked for an amber strobe at the rail but the budget available turned
that into a 120V rotating light.  There are switches at the locks
(mid-height) and at the loading rail.  The light is turned on when we¹re
rail area is kept clear.  In practice, sometimes it¹s only the verbal
warning confirmed from the deck.  I do think a strobe has more punch in an
environment under work lights, if you get a choice for that.  I don¹t have
a model to suggest for the original request, unfortunately.

- Jim Dougherty
ATD, Middlebury College Theatre Dept.