[SML] The more things change...

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:38:46 UTC 2016

Rules? In a Knife Fight? No Rules!. The State draws its power from the
Consent of the Governed, which can be withdrawn at any time, for any
reason. Historically, by violent Revolution, when necessary. You've been
warned!
/s/ Richard

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> On 4/6/16 12:22 PM, Lou Poppler via Stagecraft wrote:
>
>> ----- Randy Porter via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>>  >What you don't understand is that by making a choice, the school is
>> FORCING its view, as an instrument of the state.  In essence decreeing
>> that their choice is acceptable, even if it does make some people
>> uncomfortable.
>>
>> I don't see where there is any "FORCE".
>> You seem to be saying that if even one person is uncomfortable, the show
>> should not be allowed ?
>> What about our duty to "comfort the afflicted and afflict the
>> comfortable." ?
>>

> Our duty as artists is not the state's duty.
>
> While there can be a long and lively debate about what the duty of the
> state actually *is*, I don't think you'd find many supporters of the
> viewpoint that the state should comfort the afflicted and afflict the
> comfortable.  Well, maybe comforting the afflicted should be in there...
>
> Steve L.
>
> --
> Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
> litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall
> 302/831-0601                University of Delaware

/s/ Richard
_________