[SML] At least it wasn't a hanging that went wrong

Bruce Cooper bruce at ledworklights.com
Fri Apr 8 05:41:17 UTC 2016

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 10:29:38 PM CDT, John Taylor via Stagecraft
wrote:
> Just watched a short segment on our local news about this. I
> believe it was the principal that was being interviewed, he say
> they had used a real razor with padding and tape through many
> rehearsals. My safety light bulb lit up and flashed the message
> to me: So who has been checking this prop to make sure it is
> still in a safe condition to use?
> I am betting what happened is the repeated use during rehearsal
> worn through the foam and duct tape.

What POSSIBLE reason can there be for not grinding the edge off, period?
Things with edges *cut* things, including padding.  It's what they're
designed to do, after all.  Tis a hell of a lot cheaper than the medical
bills even from something 'minor' like this.

my .02

:Bruce
--
Itinerant Stagehand of Yore