[SML] IR camera suggestions?

Chad Croteau cpcroteau at bell.net
Mon Apr 11 04:20:08 UTC 2016

Hello group!

At my college, we are in the market for a new IR camera for the stage video feed to the booth.  I'm hoping some of you might have suggestions of brands/models to research or to avoid?

Ideally we would like the following features:

- zoom option (manual is fine)
- minimal lag (ours currently has about a 2 second delay)
- the option of running on either cat 5 or coax (that's what's already run)
- the ability to go from full stage lighting to IR view automatically
- something that doesn't require an IP interface that will freeze all the time (another endearing quality of our current camera)

Insight and assistance is always appreciated!

Chad

Sent from my iPhone