[SML] Scoreboard

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:49:45 UTC 2016

If the Director wants a full-size functioning scoreboard, just borrow one
from a sign graveyard. Many institutions have upgraded their scoreboards to
large LED Displays with lots of room for multiple ads to pay for the
upgrades.
/s/ Richard

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 7:41 AM, Alf Sauve via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Guess What?   Renewed Vision (Pro Presenter)  Now has a SCOREBOARD
> application.
>
> http://www.renewedvision.com/scoreboard.php
>

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Alf Sauve' <alf at sauve.org> wrote:
> > I'm to take it you don't want a real scoreboard?  Don't know
> availability in
> > Japan, but they're just under $2,000 in the US with wireless remote
> control,
> > 15" numbers.
> >
> > http://www.varsityscoreboards.com/
> >
> > DIY?  There's a single chip for driving multi-segment LEDs, from a BCD
> input
> > (7447 in TTL logic).   So the circuitry isn't that difficult for a
> manually
> > driven simulator.   Dozen of web sites have the necessary diagrams.  I
> think
> > there are even kits for this. You'd just need to add driver circuits
> since
> > you'll be driving more than one LED per segment.  So now add up the
> > construction costs for both the case, the LEDs groups and the driver
> > circuitry, and hey, it's probably about $2k.
> >
> > I'm also doing HSMjr (or Grease-2000 as I like to call it).  The way
> we're
> > working around it is with video projection rear flat.   While we're doing
> > all the scenery in projection, maybe you could just project the
> scoreboard
> > onto your scenery?
> >

> > On 3/15/2016 7:08 PM, David Neale via Stagecraft wrote:
> >>
> >> High School Musical, the...uhhh... musical.  The director wants a full
> >> size functioning basketball scoreboard.

/s/ Richard
_________