[SML] web server oddity continued

smashwolf smashwolf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 18:29:31 UTC 2016

I forgot something.

the newer apache2 also relies on the "a2ensite" and "a2dissite" to
create those symlinks properly.  On my system they are in /usr/sbin.  So
for instance, in my /etc/httpd/sites-available I have a file called
"smashwolf.com" which is the config file for my domain.  when I issue
the command "a2enable smashwolf.com" it creates the symlink called
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/010-smashwolf.com .  When I restart apache2,
the site config file is seen, parsed, and the site comes up.

I have several virtual web sites runnin on my apache2 instance, so I
have several sites-avaialble configs, and several symlinks in sites-enabled.

This mechanism carries over to enabling modules and disabling modules
using a2enmod, and a2dismod, etc, etc.

-Bryan

--
-
Bryan Manternach, President, Smashwolf Productions & Studios
408-363-8324, 408-209-3099 (mobile), smash at smashwolf.com