[SML] Kingston, NY to LGA

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Wed Apr 27 17:38:49 UTC 2016

I can¹t contribute to the conversation about how to get to LaGuardia,
however I¹ve been driving back and forth from VT to NJ to see family for a
couple decades, so here¹s what I CAN contribute:

- It¹s far faster to go north from Kingston if you can get a flight or
train out of Albany than get into and through the city, wait at LGA, etc.
etc.
- I¹ve had to eat off of almost every exit between VT and NJ so tell me
your exit, I¹ll tell you where we eat or whether you¹re better off chewing
your seatbelt.  We never eat at the rest stops unless we really can¹t help
it; I prefer the smaller non-franchise places though we¹ll sometimes make
exceptions for places like Dinosaur BBQ in Troy, Five Guys, or Hatties in
Saratoga that has three locations but one owner.

FWIW, in order of preference I¹d get the train from Albany, then drive
with w/ a good audiobook, then fly from Albany if I had to make my way out
to Buffalo from Kingston.  Another week or two to get away from this 20°
weather and chance of snow and add a motorcycle to that list.

- Jim Dougherty
ATD, Middlebury College Theatre Dept.