[SML] Relays vs. Traditional Circuit Breakers for LED Power.

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 05:55:15 UTC 2016

Another semi-relevant factor: some Powers That Be want a three-phase  4-,
6- or 1200 amp company switch for their Peace of Mind so they can
personally execute their own lock-out/tag-out routine with their own
padlock, before leaving.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center via
Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Although this is not relevant to the discussion at hand many breakers for
> branch circuits are specifically designed and rated to also serve as
> switches - look for 'SD' (switch duty) devices.
>
> Carla
>
> I am descended from a very long line my mother once foolishly listened to.
> ~ Phyllis Diller
>
> On 8/10/2016 8:03 PM, tech dept via Stagecraft wrote:
>
>> An inspector would really raise an eyebrow if you were regularly
>> switching on and off the breaker for non-fault reasons.

/s/ Richard
_________