[SML] Saw stop

Alex French flaggday at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:14:16 UTC 2016

I'm not clear on whether the Bosch REAXX is really available in the US
market yet, or if it has been held up by patent litigation with SawStop
[cue argument].

I believe the REAXX is intended to not damage the blade, but has a
cartridge that is good for two uses.

It seems to be available only in "jobsite" style- roughly comparable to the
SawStop Jobsite saw, a few hundred dollars more expensive.

Full disclosure: I have a SawStop Jobsite in my basement (it was purchased
10 months ago... I have a 7 month old daughter...), I'm really impressed by
the overall quality and attention to detail, just like with the contractor
SawStop I put in a student shop almost a decade ago.

Alex French