[SML] Saw stop

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 16 19:05:51 UTC 2016

We’ve had ours in the shop at Cornell since they were available.  As someone who cut their hand nearly off in a table saw accident (years ago) I certainly appreciate the Saw Stop.  Ours has gone off a couple of times.  They  can be set off just with age…or so the manufacturer told us.  We usually have one (or two) extra cartridges around.   Anything that will conduct electricity can set them off.  This includes static from some plastics and foam, moisture in wood so watch cutting pressure treated wood even some masonite (you’ve all seen sparks when cutting maso??) So there could be lots of times you turn off the electronic safety system.  All said, even without the safety, it’s a great saw.  Well made, good tolerances etc…..don’t throw our your other table saws though.  You just might need to make wide dado cuts.

DickA
TD, Cornell U