[SML] Saw stop

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 00:10:22 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016, Duncan Mahoney via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

Someone has invented a table saw that lowers the blade without ruining the
> blade, and the cartridge that does it has 2 “lives”.. .. Bosch.
>   Unfortunately, Sawstop is suing to prevent sales of the Bosch saw in the
> USA.  My opinion of the Sawstop Corp dropped a notch or two when I heard
> that...

 My opinion of the SawStop founder's tactic of trying to force everyone to
license his technology at HIS profit was none too great to start with. But
knowing this? For the record: I will never ever willingly buy any SawStop
product. Ever. If I need a table saw, I will go out of my way to buy a
Bosch Reaxx saw. Even at twice the price of a SawStop saw. I will not
reward corporate greed, especially when it masquerades as something else.

...And the suit must not be working very well because Amazon has seven of
those Reaxx saws in stock and available, and more on the way. Or so they
claim.

--
Dave Vick
Flyman/Rigger, "Annie" in Asia '16