[SML] Podium

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Aug 24 14:33:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:59 AM, Herrick Goldman via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> A lectern (Latin, “to read”) differs from the others in that you cannot stand on it; instead, it is designed with a sloping top and a low shelf at the bottom so that you can rest a book or papers on it.

A big pet peeve of mine.  My students get a lesson on the differences
between a lectern and a podium on the 2nd day of each term. (Usually
when we're doing a facility tour, and we're in the orch pit, looking
at the "conductor's podium.")

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares