[SML] Cheapie DC motor controlled by PWM?

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Fri Aug 26 19:47:46 UTC 2016

The easiest motors to speed control are DC brushed.  Not brushless, WITH
brushes.  Speed/direction control is simple.  If you have a DC dimmer
that works at the motor voltage, you're there.  Add a DPDT relay to a
second channel on the dimmer set to non-dim and you have direction control.

For small motors that spin fast with little torque, look at N-20 size.
For slow with power, that same N-20 with a gearbox works well.  I
recently designed one into a product and have to run the motor at way
lower than full power so it doesn't break anything.

For fast, higher torque look for drone motors.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com