[SML] Cheapie DC motor controlled by PWM?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Sat Aug 27 19:13:28 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Nigel Worsley <niglew at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Take a look at continuous rotation servos, physically they are the
> same as RC servos but the control input tells them to drive forwards
> or backwards at a variable speed instead of going to a specific
> position. There are plenty of DMX to servo interfaces available that
> will let you hook it all up to the lighting console for control.

This is even more excellent.  Thanks Nigel!

And yeah, I was planning on having the spinny bits controlled by the
light board, but as I continued to think about it, for this project, I
could just as easily have it controlled by a stagehand, but I would
prefer a wireless method, as I don't want a cable out on stage, and I
already have some wireless DMX bits, so that's when my brain went to
the PWM controller.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com